TORONTO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–WRKOUT, a fitness brand delivering live, digitally-optimized personal training, today announced the appointments to its new Health Advisory Board. The board includes respected industry leaders such as Brendan Brazier, Damon Goddard, Taren Grewall, Jason Khalipa, Katie McKenzie and David Nurse.
“As we enter the next phase of company growth, the advisory board will play a critical role in developing the company’s direction by providing deep industry insights across fitness, health, sports and medicine,” said Curtis Christopherson, Founder of WRKOUT. “Each member we’ve appointed to the advisory board brings a completely unique perspective to WRKOUT, and they share our passion and mission for helping people reach their full potential through health and wellness.”
WRKOUT’s Health Advisory Board members are:
Brendan Brazier – Co-Founder of Vega and Pulp Culture
- Brendan is the co-founder of Vega and Pulp Culture, bestselling author of the Thrive book series, Venture Partner at Blue Horizon Ventures, and an Executive Producer of The Game Changers film. He’s also a former professional Ironman triathlete and a two-time Canadian 50km Ultra Marathon Champion. Brendan is regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on plant-based performance nutrition, and now invests in and works with socially responsible food & tech companies whose mandate is to fix our food system and reduce the environmental strain of food production.
Damon Goddard – Founder of Goddard Sports Performance
- Damon Goddard, Founder of Goddard Sports Performance & Nutrition located in Dallas, TX, has positioned himself as one of the leading experts in golf performance conditioning. Currently, Damon works with a host of PGA, LPGA, Korn Ferry, and elite junior golfers. With over 20 years of experience in the sports performance industry, he has worked with professional athletes as they bridge the gap from post-rehabilitation to championship-level performance.
Taren Grewall – Co-founder of The House of A La Ligne
- Taren is a co-founder of The House of A la Ligne, specializing in strength and conditioning through Pilates. Through her practice as a Kinesiologist, Taren has a specialized approach to training the female body (menstrual cycles, pre-post natal, fertility and infertility, etc.) and focuses on how each body moves through their own individual journey in their own unique way.
Jason Khalipa – Founder of NCFIT
- Jason Khalipa is best known as a CrossFit Games Champion and the Founder of NCFIT. He is also a Pediatric Cancer advocate, and father of two. Jason is the author of As Many Reps As Possible and hosts the Effort Over Everything Podcast.
Katie McKenzie – Co-founder of The House of A La Ligne
- Katie is a co-founder of The House of A La Ligne, a collective of movement practitioners and methodology founded in the principles of classical mat Pilates, Pelvic Floor awareness, Breath and Somatics. Katie founded the A La Ligne Mat Pilates Certification Program in 2019 and has since certified close to 100 new instructors in this unique Program that includes Trauma Informed Mat Pilates, Anatomy, Pre and Post Natal and Social Justice Work. Katie advocates for all humans to have access to movement in their lives and deeply believes in the healing it brings to the mind, body and soul.
David Nurse – NBA and Elite Performance Optimization Coach
- As a former professional basketball player and coach for the Brooklyn Nets, David has developed over 150 NBA players both on and off the court, helping to generate a total of $3.2 Billion in combined revenue for his players. Since opening his mindset and leadership optimization programs to elite performers in every industry in 2018, his tools have helped Fortune 500 CEOs and entrepreneurs, tech moguls and finance wizards, Hollywood actors and musicians alike.
“The fitness industry has undergone a massive transformation over the past 18 months, and the creativity shown by the WRKOUT team to bring a premium training experience online has been inspiring,” said Damon Goddard. “Fitness is more than working out, it’s about creating the opportunity to connect, build important relationships and ultimately change people’s lives. I’m excited to join the Health Advisory Board and offer my years of experience, expertise and connections in the health and wellness industry to WRKOUT as they scale up their early success.”
WRKOUT is a connected fitness platform that delivers live, digitally-optimized personal training and fitness, and has completed over 75,000 sessions since its beta launch. The platform was built for two-way fitness instruction and connects clients (MOVRS) and trainers (TRNRS) from anywhere in the world, giving access to industry-leading personal training where and when it is convenient. WRKOUT’s platform features market-defining software tools that expand the possibilities of virtual fitness – like screen-capture/analysis, on-screen timers, whiteboard capabilities, and a host of other innovative functionalities.
For more information, visit WRKOUT.com.
WRKOUT is the future of fitness. Founded by industry veteran Curtis Christopherson, the CEO of North America’s largest network of premium personal training studios, WRKOUT was built on over 20 years of established experience, bringing next generation virtual training to market. Unlike other methods of connected fitness that focus on one-way streaming or require proprietary hardware, WRKOUT’s exclusive platform provides a live, two-way interactive training environment that connects members with elite trainers from around the world.
Read More: Fitness Platform WRKOUT Announces New Advisory Board of Industry Elites